Order Picking System for FMCG and Pharmaceuticals
Flexi simplifies the order picking system for FMCG and Pharmaceutical sectors with its latest pick to light technology
What is Order Picking?
Order picking is a process of retrieval of items from the designated location in fulfilment facility to fulfill an order
In FMCG and pharmaceuticals often the number of items are limited, but the same needs to be processed at a faster rate in Order picking. Pick to light provides a robust mechanism to automate repeatedly picking of same items
- In a fulfilment facility, SKUs are divided across multiple stations. Each Light Indicator represents a SKU in the Inventory
- Each operator works in a designated station termed as a picking zone to reduce their walk time.
- Once an operator scans the Order ID, it would trigger the Lights to Glow for the SKUs that are required in the order. Lights also display the quantity of SKU
- Operator will pick all the items and acknowledge the pick by pressing “Confirm” button on PTL device
- Once all the picks for an order in one station is completed, the order is passed to the next station to finish the order