Order consolidation in e-commerce industry
In e-commerce industry often multiple orders containing 2 -3 line items need to be picked up at high speed. Pick to light is quite helpful for consolidating multiple orders at same time by Zone Picking then consolidate different products for a multi item order.
- In the picking phase, SKUs are divided into multiple bins. Each Light Indicator represents a SKU in the Inventory.
- Once the picker goes into picking area and scan a particular batch,it would triggers the Lights of Glow for those SKUs that are required in that batch. Lights also display the quantity of that SKU required in the ord
- After picking is complete, the pickboxes are transported to the distribution area.
- Once a pickbox is opened in distribution area, a product is scanned with its parent order id being assigned to one of the empty Put Location
- Empty Put locations keep on getting assigned orders as and when first product of that order is scanned.
- Whenever a subsequent product of an already assigned order is scanned, the Put locations where the orders is assigned starts to glow.
- As soon as the Order is complete (All the products for that are consolidated), the PTL Light Indicator starts to glow in a different color indicating the operator that the Order can be pushed for further processing
- Operator releases the order from the Racks and sends it for further processing.
- The emptied Put Location is then assigned to the next new Order.
- Substantial increment in no. of sortation per individual
- Limited skill training of picker as operator is guided by automated light guided software
- Lesser scope of error due to guidance provided by light guided software
- Full proof mechanism as automated troubleshooting for any wrong pick up or error in quantity to be picked
- Lesser travelling time for each worker