Kitting for Automobile and Electronics Industries
Flexli presents a modern solution for Kitting process powered by our Pick to light modules designed specifically for Automobile and Electronics Industries
Kitting is a process where separate but relatable SKUs are grouped, packaged, and supplied as a single unit of sale.
Manufacturing industry, especially automobile and electronics, are required to prepare kits in the course of product assembly or spare set assembly. Pick to light provides a robust mechanism to automate the kitting process
- In an assembly line setup, Orders are divided into multiple stations. Each Light Indicator represents a SKU in the Inventory
- Every picker works in a designated station termed as picker’s picking zone to reduce their walk time.
- Once a picker scans an Order ID, it would trigger the Lights to Glow for the SKUs required in the kitting. Lights also display the quantity of SKU
- Picker will pick all the items and acknowledge the pick by pressing “Confirm” button on PTL device
- Once all the picks for the Kitting is completed in one station, the Kit is passed to the next station. This process continues until all the items is been picked