“If people believe they share values with a company, they will stay loyal to the brand” – Howard Schultz.
With the rapid growth of e-commerce in India, there has been a significant increase in demand for automated warehouses, in which the conveyor system plays a vital role in most phases of operation. According to Conveyor System Report by marketsandmarkets.com “The conveyor system market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.33% from 2018 to 2025, to reach a market size of USD 9.9 billion by 2025 from an estimated USD 7.4 billion in 2018.“.
Crossbelt sorter is one such sorting system that can sort a high volume of products based on different conditions such as size, location, color, etc. In order to provide consumers with prompt and timely distribution of goods, a number of companies, such as Amazon, DHL, Flipkart FedEx, Third Party Logistic Partners (3PL) have replaced cart-based picking with crossbelt sorters, which have contributed to a crucial factor in their growth.
When should you go for a Crossbelt sorter?
- Maintaining throughput of above 10000 orders an hour
- Need to sort parcels into more than 10 sorting destinations
- Handles a wide range of product categories, shapes, and dimensions from 100 mm to 1500 mm.
- Decrease sorting time and increase efficiency
- Increased order accuracy
Working principle of crossbelt sorter
- Crossbelt sorter consists of a network of primary and secondary conveyor channels inter-connected through a centrally managed control system(WCS).
- When the products pass on any conveyor branch, the installed sensor scans the barcode and directs the product either to move forward on the same conveyor line or shifts it to one of the adjacent channels.
- System also has inbuilt auto space sensor to avoid collision between any two parcels attempting to move over same conveyor line
What separates the thriving companies from others is the difference in the throughput rate. Amazon has a throughput rate of 20,000 orders per hour (amazonaws.com). The increase in the throughput rate is directly proportional to the productivity of a company.
Crossbelt sorters with high throughput are the need of the hour. With the increase of digital shopping and manufacturing units in India, there is no doubt that your warehouse needs cutting edge technology to meet the increasing demand. Today, a company can not work efficiently using restricted sorting technology, which eventually adds to the possibility of falling out of the market. If you are looking for the right moment to implement, this is the best time. Flexli offers you the best in class Crossbelt sorters.
What makes Flexli unique in Crossbelt sorter
- Can Achieve an average throughput of 20,000 orders per hour
- Cost-effective and low maintenance required.
- High Accuracy with minimal human intervention and with multiple sort locations.
- Simple Modular layout resulting in the shortest installation and commissioning period.
- Long lifetime and high flexibility
Call us today. Together let’s draft your growth plans, and we will find the perfect way for you to reach the peak.